COPY COMMAND in SQLPLUS

From: Anurag Verma <anuragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:39:18 -0700

Hi,

Can we use parallel degree option to copy a table from one database to another?

I have 2 Oracle 9i databases and have to copy some huge amount of data.

Thinking of various options and want to know whether I can implement parallel option (in the same way what we do with Parallel DMLs).

This is what the COPY syntax I am seeing from sqlplus utility.

<db> : database string, e.g., hr/your_password_at_d:chicago-mktg
<opt> : ONE of the keywords: APPEND, CREATE, INSERT or REPLACE
<cols> : a comma-separated list of destination column aliases
<sel> : any valid SQL SELECT statement

--
Thanks,

Anurag Verma,
Database Administrator
ERCOT(Electric Reliability Council of Texas),
Texas 76574