Re: RAC global cache

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:40:10 -0600

I'm not positive on this, but I believe that once you have
cluster_database=true, you can't avoid the global cache activity even
though in a single-instance situation, the global cache activities will
logically be translated into local cache activity. I think you'd have
to change cluster_database=false in order to see the global cache
events disappear completely.

Dan

Oliver Jost wrote:
Hi All,
   When I bring down one instance in a 2- node RAC environment (CRS still up, AMS still up, Solaris 9, Oracle 10.2.0.3) I still see wait events relative to global cache activity?  I'm wondering if anyone might clear this up for me.  When a block isn't found in the local cache is LMS still busy checking across the interconnect?  Do we still get global cache cr request and global cache cur request waits while the living instance determines whether the request will be fulfilled?

Thank you,
     Oliver

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Jun 09 2008 - 21:40:10 CDT

Original text of this message