RAC global cache

From: Oliver Jost <Oliver.Jost_at_ca.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 16:38:09 -0400

Hi All,

   When I bring down one instance in a 2- node RAC environment (CRS still up, AMS still up, Solaris 9, Oracle 10.2.0.3) I still see wait events relative to global cache activity? I'm wondering if anyone might clear this up for me. When a block isn't found in the local cache is LMS still busy checking across the interconnect? Do we still get global cache cr request and global cache cur request waits while the living instance determines whether the request will be fulfilled?

Thank you,

     Oliver