RE: how to set parallel_max_servers without running PQ within out apps

From: <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 20:36:22 +0100

John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com wrote:
> Are all set to 1 currently. I am working with Oracle on this now and =
> will post the solution when and if it occurs.

Another thought,
I have seen cases - but not for a long time - where a query transformation produces a non-mergeable view. The DOP of the view result set is not specified so takes on the DOP of the instance - leaving you with a parallel query when all tables and indexes are defined noparallel

Regards
Jonathan Lewis