RE: how to set parallel_max_servers without running PQ within out apps

From: Fedock, John \(KAM.RIC\) <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:29:41 -0400

Jonathan,

You were right. I found one table that was used in the view that had INSTANCES set to default. After changing that to 1, we are running as we expect.

Thanks very much.

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

  • Original Message ----- From: "Fedock, John (KAM.RIC)" <John.Fedock_at_us.kline.com> To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 2:18 PM Subject: how to set parallel_max_servers without running PQ within out apps

For streams, we need to set parallel_max_servers to > 1.

I made sure all tables and indexes have parallel set to 1 and then set the above parameter.

Normal, homegrown queries started running in parallel. How can this happen if the degree is 1 for all objects?

Is there a way to set parallel_max_servers > 1 for streams, and not have PQ option running on our application objects?

This is a 2 node RAC, HP-UX system running 10.2.0.3.

TIA,'
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri May 23 2008 - 09:29:41 CDT

Original text of this message