Documentation for HHWM and LHWM?

From: Charles Schultz <>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:43:28 -0500

Broswing through various blogs, whitepapers and other presentations, I have seen folks like Tom Kyte and Lutz Hartman reference the HHWM and LHWM of ASSM tables, however I have been unable to find where they are officially documented. Perhaps this is a limitation of tahiti and metalink (metalink gave me one hit for bug 6416822). I have looked through the Concepts, New Features and DBA books in the documentation set, learning a lot in the process, and still have a lot to go back over. *grin* Additionally, I appreciate that dbms_space gives us access to detailed information about used blocks, but I find it a little odd that the HWM is not specifically included, much less HHWM and LHWM. Forgive me if I missed it, but did Oracle ever document these ASSM high water marks?

Thanks to all of you who have worked hard to expose various internal tidbits and publish helpful hints.

Charles Schultz