Documentation for HHWM and LHWM?

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 09:43:28 -0500

Broswing through various blogs, whitepapers and other presentations, I have seen folks like Tom Kyte and Lutz Hartman reference the HHWM and LHWM of ASSM tables, however I have been unable to find where they are officially documented. Perhaps this is a limitation of tahiti and metalink (metalink gave me one hit for bug 6416822). I have looked through the Concepts, New Features and DBA books in the documentation set, learning a lot in the process, and still have a lot to go back over. *grin* Additionally, I appreciate that dbms_space gives us access to detailed information about used blocks, but I find it a little odd that the HWM is not specifically included, much less HHWM and LHWM. Forgive me if I missed it, but did Oracle ever document these ASSM high water marks?

Thanks to all of you who have worked hard to expose various internal tidbits and publish helpful hints.

--

Charles Schultz

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue May 06 2008 - 09:43:28 CDT