Re: RAC platform usage

From: Yong Huang <>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 17:12:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Li, did you go through a very extensive check and read of all possible log files? I did, for our server hangs. If absolutely nothing is found, including checking server consoles, talk to the storage team. Sometimes when they do something, it could cause a mysterious hang. Don Seiler's case in September last year is very representative of the cases I know ( If that's not the cause, then I'll call it truly mysterious.

Where did you see "I am rebooting"? Console? Get the exact text and we can search on Google.

Yong Huang

  • Li Li <> wrote:

> we had 1 incident of mysterious hang on a 2-node RAC on linux x86-64.
> We had another interesting incident on a 5-node RAC on linux x86-64,
> at one scheduled maintenance, 3 of the 5 nodes wouldn't reboot. we
> tried "reboot", "shutdown -h now", "init 6", etc, it showed that "I am
> rebooting (something like that, don't remember exact word)" but it
> actually didn't reboot. We had to power recycle them.
> All of these servers are Dell PE 2950, wonder if anybody had the same
> experience? :)

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ