Re: RAC platform usage

From: Li Li <litanli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 18:28:23 -0500

we had 1 incident of mysterious hang on a 2-node RAC on linux x86-64. We had another interesting incident on a 5-node RAC on linux x86-64, at one scheduled maintenance, 3 of the 5 nodes wouldn't reboot. we tried "reboot", "shutdown -h now", "init 6", etc, it showed that "I am rebooting (something like that, don't remember exact word)" but it actually didn't reboot. We had to power recycle them.

All of these servers are Dell PE 2950, wonder if anybody had the same experience? :)