Re: RAC platform usage

From: Li Li <litanli_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:59:15 -0500

Hi, Yong,

I did check all the logs and even created a case with oracle but couldn't find anything. coincidently, 5 or 6 hours before the hang, one of the 2 nodes rebooted by the cluster because it timed out communication with 1 of the 3 multiplexed votingdisks. oracle couldn't give an explannation why the node rebooted even though there were 2 other votingdisks available. oracle suggested to run OS Watcher to wait until it happens again but it hasn't happened yet.

As for the "I am rebooting" message, I forgot the exact word, but when you ssh to the server and run reboot, it is the information it tells you.

Thanks,
-Li