Re: RAC platform usage

From: Niall Litchfield <>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:00:11 +0100

RAC on windows is relatively common - certainly common enough that we are running a hands on "build a RAC" day at the UKOUG windows sig in June. Last time I saw some figures Oracle's windows sales were about 30-40% (by volume not value) of their database sales and lets face it selling a clustering solution on a platform commonly believed to be unreliable for single servers is probably not the hardest sales pitch in the world - especially for those SE shops where there is not extra dollar cost. My understanding is that Itanium is a platform with a pretty poor takeup.

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Frits Hoogland <> wrote:

> Anybody know of (a rough estimation of) the share in platform used for
> Oracle RAC?
> Anybody know if RAC on Windows/Itanium is common or obscure?
> Thanks,
> Frits Hoogland

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA