Re: why do I need dbcontrol?

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

As one who HATED, repeat HATED, OEM prior to version 9i, I have to say I'm a convert now. One nice things about Database Control is that it makes a number of checklist intensive processes very easy to follow. In 11g, try flashback transaction without it or RAT... it can be done, but it's much harder.

OEM is great for the JR. DBA who wants to get backups setup, and for some good monitoring.

GC can be a pain to setup, but once it is up and running, it's a great tool. We use it here and it's stable and very helpful.

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)