RE: shutdown abort warnings

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:43:18 -0400

Appreciate the feedback, and will ignore the paper as it seems obviously close to a decade old. Points taken away for either not removing the paper, updating it, or not being more specific to include dates and versions at a minimum. However it has to be Oracle 8 at the latest.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:37 PM
To: Patterson, Joel
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: shutdown abort warnings

This is a rather old paper:

The author is "currently working on a Y2K implementation project for the city of Tulsa, OK."

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:46 AM, <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com> wrote:

I was reading (and contributed my .02£), to the forum discussion awhile ago concerning shutdown abort yet came across this advice and warnings of possible corruption still being advertised.

Does this lend credit to the institution, or take points away? The leanings where very much favorable to abort with much in depth analysis.

http://www.embarcadero.co.uk/resources/tech_papers/oracleorphan.pdf

If so, one wonders.... (not that I have any intention of utilizing there services in the first place... it is simply academic).

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 16 2008 - 14:43:18 CDT

Original text of this message