Re: Multiple listeners (9i/10g) on Windows

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:46:34 -0500

Tony,

I don't think you'll have name clashes. The 10g database on Windows here prefixes the service name with the Oracle Home Name. So, the 10g listener service name is "OraHome1TNSListener" and that shouldn't clash with the 9i service name. I can't remember if 9i prefixed the listener service name with the Oracle Home name or not--don't have one of those to verify right now. Regardless, I'd still recommend using a different listener name just to avoid confusion about which LISTENER you're working with.

I don't think there's any risk either since if you do "lsnrctl start LIST10G" and the service is already there and started, you won't be able to start it again. If the service doesn't exist, the service will be created and started.

Dan