Re: Multiple listeners (9i/10g) on Windows

From: Tony Sequeira <tony_at_sequeira.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:55:43 +0000

Thanks Dan,

Thanks for your comments.

If I do decide to use the 10g listener for both instances, won't there will be a service name clash, unless of course I use a different listener name? I would have to remove the 9i service prior to creating the 10g service, am I wrong here?

These databases are application bound, and it's unlikely the old one (9.0.1!) will ever be upgraded. It's not one we support, though the 10g one will be.

Regards.

--
S. Anthony Sequeira
++