Re: The Idiot's Guide to Recovering from Truncating a Production Table

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:26:49 -0600

7.1.6.2 -- funny the things you remember....

Daniel Fink wrote:
If it is the incident I think it was...PMON was crashing and taking down the production database. It crashed at the same time every day for a week, though it had not crashed for a day or two previously. I don't recall the exact reason...other than it was Oracle 7.0.something.

--
Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Tim Gorman wrote:
...or worse, indeed!  Excellent point, Paul!  Thank you...

There is at least one other person on this list who was there that day -- I'm wondering if he can remember what the second outage was, even though he was as "handicapped" as I was, I recall...

-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 20 2008 - 20:26:49 CDT

Original text of this message