RE: The Idiot's Guide to Recovering from Truncating a Production Table

From: Smith, Steven K - MSHA <Smith.Steven_at_DOL.GOV>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:23:17 -0600

That was a good release. We were on that one for quite awhile at Enron.

Steve Smith

Desk: 303-231-5499

Fax: 303-231-5696

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Tim Gorman Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:27 PM
To: Daniel Fink
Cc: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Re: The Idiot's Guide to Recovering from Truncating a Production Table

7.1.6.2 -- funny the things you remember....

Daniel Fink wrote:

If it is the incident I think it was...PMON was crashing and taking down the production database. It crashed at the same time every day for a week, though it had not crashed for a day or two previously. I don't recall the exact reason...other than it was Oracle 7.0.something.

--

Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Tim Gorman wrote:

...or worse, indeed! Excellent point, Paul! Thank you...

There is at least one other person on this list who was there that day
-- I'm wondering if he can remember what the second outage was, even
though he was as "handicapped" as I was, I recall...