Re: The Idiot's Guide to Recovering from Truncating a Production Table

From: Daniel Fink <>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:46:46 -0600

If it is the incident I think it was...PMON was crashing and taking down the production database. It crashed at the same time every day for a week, though it had not crashed for a day or two previously. I don't recall the exact reason...other than it was Oracle 7.0.something.

Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

Oracle Blog