Re: Oracle DBA future

From: Niall Litchfield <>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:38:28 +0000

I'm with the hiring manager. I'd rather have people in my team that could work sensibly and professionally with the other members of my team, than a technical star who wound everybody, both in the team and customers, up. Technical skills - as opposed to aptitude can be trained and usually justified fairly straightforwardly. Inter-personal skills are a whole different ball game.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Best, David <> wrote:

> >This hiring manager listens to the candidate's answers to his
> work->situation focused questions, but also watches the body language
> throughout
> >the question-answer interview.
> I hope he has a large pool of DBA's to interview... In my experience,
> its hard enough to find one who is technically competent!r
> This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
> If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended
> recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open
> any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the
> sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so. Thank you.
> --

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA