Re: Oracle University's 10g Perf Tuning Course

From: Peter Teoh <htmldeveloper_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:37:21 +0800

On 3/11/08, William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> As with everything the quality of the class depends to a large extent on the
> instructor, unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to determine this
> beforehand. I took this class a few months ago and a large amount of time
> was spent working with the OEM and how to find your way through it, not
> really an intuitive task. Not much time was spent on the underlying
> architecture of Oracle necessary to interpret results. If you want to learn
> how to use the OEM it is useful, if you want to understand what the bases of
> performance improvement are it may not be what you are looking for.

Oh...this is really bad. Thank you for all the comments. I have just signed up for it. Too near to withdraw now. I have attended a 10g New Features Course last Nov. It was a bit of OEM-based, as that was the first time I have touched web-based OEM, it was still ok. I would prefer learning the concepts and architecture as well. Now, SQL tuning was my original focus and target.

Ok, I think I will have to turn all my questions into a OEM-based now, and make the best use of it.

Thank you for the comments :-), these are great!!!

--
Regards,
Peter Teoh