RE: Oracle University's 10g Perf Tuning Course

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:45:19 -0700

Greetings,

As with everything the quality of the class depends to a large extent on the instructor, unfortunately I don't know if there is a way to determine this beforehand. I took this class a few months ago and a large amount of time was spent working with the OEM and how to find your way through it, not really an intuitive task. Not much time was spent on the underlying architecture of Oracle necessary to interpret results. If you want to learn how to use the OEM it is useful, if you want to understand what the bases of performance improvement are it may not be what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Peter Teoh Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 6:54 PM
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Oracle University's 10g Perf Tuning Course

I am thinking of going for this course. Quite expensive.

For those who have been to the course: any comments? Useful? Too brief? Enough materials supplied for 4 days?

For those who have not been to the course: any questions (difficult or easy) which
would like me to ask on your behalf?

Thank you very much.