How to allocate keep cache on 32 bit linux using VLM

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:02:50 -0500

Hi,

We have a 2 Node development RAC cluster with oracle 10.2.0.3 on RHAT AS4 32 bit. This is 32 GM RAM machine and we are using VLM to allocate 12GB to db_buffer_cache using db_block_buffers parameter. Now we need to try some tuning exercise and need to set keep cache and I am not able to find how to set this parameter when using VLM (I can only see parameter DB_KEEP_CACHE_SIZE but nothing for db_keep_block_buffers, we will move to 64 bit soon but now need to fix this issue)

Thanks
--Harvinder

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 07 2008 - 11:02:50 CST