RE: Oracle DBA future

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 08:25:02 -0500

I agree with the technical guys. Sure, in general businesses want DBA's to be communicate more on the business level... but for those that don't need the big bucks... well lets just say, if you can't live without a DBA, then you need them.

Even with the 'GUI', who is actually going to recover. (the outsource from India of course).

But there are just loads of things to do technically in oracle. Believe me, as the sole DBA in the last two companies, I can assure you that keeping up is hard to do.

Let along know all the moving parts.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com