Re: Oracle DBA future

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 07:46:10 +0200

In my opinion we exist only to serve the business. We need to know what people are doing and why in order to match the best solution to their needs.
I never allow a new application to get a foot hold in the databases unless they send me the data on the intended application. Thats means: who asked for it, what is the business need what is the intended solution etc.

We also assign each new application to a member of the dba team who sits in during the design stage and then follow up until the system is in production.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel