Re: Rapid Log Switching

From: Jonathan Lewis <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:18:48 -0000

Thanks - Brain didn't catch up with last post there.

I recall Tanel Poder making some comments about "private threads" having space reserved in the log file - do you have a very large value for the 'transactions' parameter: which would require a lot of private threads, which possibly might pre-empt a lot of space in the logs then not use it. (10.2, 64Bit - private threads can take 128Kb each, and threads = ceil(transactions / 10)

Jonathan Lewis

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

  • Original Message ----- From: "Rich Jesse" <> To: <> Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:00 PM Subject: Re: Rapid Log Switching