Re: troubleshooting hangs & endless loops in Oracle

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:16:57 -0500

I'm not sure about multiminute parsing but for inter process communication, parallel execution, sorts and CPU hog I use very simple statement:

select /*+ PARALLEL (a, 5) PARALLEL (b, 10) PARALLEL (c, 15) */ * from all_objects a, all_objects b, all_objects c order by 1,2,3,4,5,6;

Just make sure your temp space is adequate because it will be funny if during the live demo you will get out of temp error ;-) This statement should last for about 3-5 minutes depending on your CPU speed. If you need more you can scale it very easily.

--romas