troubleshooting hangs & endless loops in Oracle

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:59:25 +0800

Hi,

I'm looking for ways to hang/crash an Oracle process and/or get it into an endless loop (or very long loops like multiminute parsing etc).

I plan to use those as case studies for my systematic troubleshooting presentation at Hotsos Symposium this year (preferably versions 10.2 and 11g), so any examples on how to create weird (performance) problems in Oracle are welcome!

Please send me the answer in private in order to not flood Oracle-L with junk ;)
I'll blog the most interesting ones later on and give credits accordingly.

Thanks!

--

Regards,
Tanel Poder