RE: Grid Control on IBM Aix

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:55:53 -0500

Thanks to all who replied. The answers I got boiled down to is the new versions are working and not really a problem. I'm going to try again with the latest release.

[] On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 8:26 AM To:
Subject: Grid Control on IBM Aix

Is anyone running grid control on an Aix box? I had version 1 running on one Aix box here and it crashed the server every morning, so I deinstalled it. I am hesitant to install it again.

Right now, we are running individual db consoles for our V10 databases. And 9i OEM also is able to connect to these databases. But I get the feeling that multiple db consoles is beginning to hurt us a little bit here.

Is grid control stable enough for an AIX machine?