Re: Script to build indexes in parallel

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:47:52 -0800 (PST)

how about some java. A DBA coding java.. uh oh!

http://www.java2s.com/Code/Java/Threads/ThreadPoolTest.htm

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=30483&seqNum=6

I wrote a simplified example of this for a specific very similar task many years ago in Java.

I wasn't really a java programmer at the time, but it was easy enough to pick up given the plethora of examples.

Job

Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com> wrote: Anyone have a script to read a DDL file and build indexes using parallel worker processes? Something in perl or shell would be preferable. I am trying to work around data pump's slow "feature" of building indexes with one query coordinator by extracting the metadata ddl and running them with real parallelization. I was just getting started with a perl script using fork but wanted to check here so as not to reinvent the wheel.

--

Charles Schultz

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Dec 18 2007 - 16:47:52 CST