RE: Script to build indexes in parallel

From: Tony Aponte <Tony_Aponte_at_Jabil.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:14:36 -0500

Try this to see if it fits your needs. I've used it to do pretty much the same task you describe. The script accepts a degree of parallelism and an input file containing commands to execute.

http://sysadmintalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=762

Tony Aponte

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Charles Schultz Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:44 PM To: Oracle-L
Subject: Script to build indexes in parallel

Anyone have a script to read a DDL file and build indexes using parallel worker processes? Something in perl or shell would be preferable. I am trying to work around data pump's slow "feature" of building indexes with one query coordinator by extracting the metadata ddl and running them with real parallelization. I was just getting started with a perl script using fork but wanted to check here so as not to reinvent the wheel.

--
Charles Schultz