selects on the data dictionary hang

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:46:10 -0600

We are running into something strange. We have queries on the data dictionary hanging, while other queries appear to run correctly. We are in Oracle 10gR2 on AIX. It appears that Patrol is doing something that manages to hang itself and any other query or update on the data dictionary, such as statspack snapshots and statistics jobs. We end up having to kill patrol and the other jobs to get things working again. Has anyone else seen this or have an idea what is going on?

--
Andrew W. Kerber