Re: 2 node RAC to 1 node DG config question

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:05:56 -0600

Depends on if you want the "high availability" of a cluster in your disaster environment if/when you fail/switchover. I believe that standby databases only run in one instance if there is a cluster, so the question really does come down to what the business requirements are when the standby becomes the primary.

On Dec 17, 2007 11:24 AM, Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com> wrote:

> I am planning for a 2 node 10g RAC cluster on Linux / ASM which will
> have a remote node for DG physical. The remote node may have other
> instances on it as well.
>
> The question is, should be remote node be configured as a single node
> RAC cluster, or should it be a regular (non-RAC) configuration?

Charles Schultz