RE: Question re applying archive logs

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:25:30 -0000

Bill,

What you can do is

To revert back and rollforward
- startup force mount

Cheers,
Vishal

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of William Wagman
Sent: 20 November 2007 18:57
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Question re applying archive logs

Greetings,

We are trying to track down a problem which occurred a month ago and the developers have requested that I restore a database incrementally. This is Oracle 10gR2 and we are using RMAN to do backups. They wish the database be recovered and restored to 6:00am on a particular day, they will look at the data. They then want to see the state of the database 4 hours later. I have restored the database to 6:00am on that day and I have archive logs generated over the next 24 hour period. The database is in a consistent state and open now, how do I apply the next two archive logs? Can I do that? I haven't been able to figure it out. I hope I am stating the problem clearly.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center