Re: No records in v$asm_disk

From: Finn Jorgensen <finn.oracledba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:07:40 -0500

Well, you will have the 2 regular device paths lets call them sd2a and sd2b. Then you'll have the powerpath device, let's call that guy sd2c. When I was having trouble getting ASM to work the first time I set up RAC (2 years ago) there was a note on metalink that specifically said not to use the powerpath device (sd2c in the above example). That fixed the problem I was having. Even when you don't use the powerpath device, if one device path fails it will still use the other path.

Finn