Re: Exporting Tables from 9i to 7.3 DB

From: Limin Guo <lguo.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:35:58 -0500

If you still have Oracle 7.3 installed some where in your site, you can easily run 7.3 exp executable against 9.2 database via sql*net. Something like:

7.3home> exp userid/password_at_92db ....

Then the export file can be used to imported to your client 7.3 database easily.

Hope this helps.

Limin.

On Nov 9, 2007 7:44 AM, James Parkhurst <jfpark137_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know of a process or hack for exporting tables and data from a
> 9.2.0.4 DB into a 7.3 export format?
>
> Our company has a product that's used by some partner companies. One
> of these partners is still on 7.3.
>
> We to update some of their tables w/ an Oracle Export/Import, but our
> machines are all 9.2.0.4.
>
> We used to have a 7.3 db in production, and it's still around by flaky
> and not something to be counted on.
>
> We'd like to export from the 9.2.0.4 to an export file our parter can
> use w/o having to run anything extra on their side.
>
> I know from the Oracle documentation that such exports are NOT
> supported or recommended.
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> James

Regards,

Limin Guo.