Re: drop table error in migration 9i to 10g AIX

From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 05:57:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi Rodd,

Last week when we were upgrading our 9.2.0.5 to 10.2.0.3 we got stuck at this point. Google and Metalink were also helpless.

Oracle support has updated the document 316889.1 which includes step 31. We have a copy of the same document which is nearly a year old and Step 31 is not there.

We ignored that step and continued with the next step during our upgrade and all went fine in our case.

Hope the same holds good with you as well.

All the best !!!!

Regards

Asif Momen
http://momendba.blogspot.com

Rodd Holman <Rodd.Holman_at_gmail.com> wrote: Hi all, Having an issue during the upgrade of a 9.2.0.5 to 10.2.0.3.

Server IBM p550
16 G Ram
cio storage (filesystem_options=setall)

Step 31 of oracle's upgrade doc says to drop XDB.MIGR9202STATUS.

When we attempt that we get the following:

  SQL> drop table XDB.MIGR9202STATUS;
  drop table XDB.MIGR9202STATUS

                 *

  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1   ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

  Elapsed: 00:00:00.03
  SQL> Have any of you come across this? How did you get around it?

Thanks

Rodd Holman

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Nov 07 2007 - 07:57:53 CST