RE: oracle/solaris 10 memory and swap

From: Goulet, Dick <>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:34:09 -0400

General Unix rule of thumb is that swap must be twice real ram. That's been around for a VERY long time & never fails. BTW: from the Oracle Solaris installation manual:

2.2 Checking the Hardware Requirements

The system must meet the following minimum hardware requirements:

RAM Swap Space

Between 1024 MB and 2048 MB

1.5 times the size of RAM

Between 2049 MB and 8192 MB