Re: {Disarmed} Role transition

From: Senthil Subramanian <>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:58:56 -0400

The database is on the EMC storage with BCVs for both primary and standby. I can sync the BCV with the standby and mount the storage on a different host.
Once I mount the storage, I can create one more physical standby database.

Using the combination of this new physical standby, restore points, and flashback database, I can activate the standby and do some of our standard application checks to make sure the standby is valid. Once I am satisfied with the test, I can either put the database in standby mode or unmount the storage and establish the BCV back to the original standby. This entire process would take about 2-3 hours. I usually conduct this test often when time permits. In addition to this, we also have other tests that involve applications.

In this way, I can mimic the real production environment and say that my DR plan is sound.