How about the idea of mirror the online redo log files without mutilplex?

From: qihua wu <staywithpin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:25:24 -0700

Our database is running on hpux on which AIO is not possible to achieve(except use raw device which is out of our considertion). And the "log file parallel write" is very high. Since we use two redo groups to mutliplex the redo files, and the files can only be written sequentially. So I figure out an idea to use one group of online redo log which are mirrored. If it is mirrored, the redo log will be written in parallel which can reduce the wait time.

Do you think this method is feasible and what's the disadvanatge?