Re: Recovery using Rman using old controlfile

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 20:39:07 +0800

If your "current" controlfiles and online redologs are good (not corrupted), you can do
a complete recovery. Just issue RESTORE DATABASE and RECOVER DATABASE commands.

Else, if you find that even the controlfiles and/or last active onlin redo logs are corrupt, you'd
have to do an Incomplete Recovery, using Backup Controlfile.

Note: The default behaviour of the RESTORE command is to restore back to the same location.

Hemant

At 03:32 PM Thursday, Avadhani mys wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>We have a problem we lost the datafiles of production database due
>to mountpoint corruption and we have controlfile and latest redologs
>in the other mountpoint,
>
>We are planning to restore the database using RMAN in the new mountpoint
>Now my question is can i use the old controlfile and use the arch
>files to recover to the latest, Please suggest
>
>Thanks in Advance
>
>Regards
>AvadhaniMys

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html