Recovery using Rman using old controlfile

From: Avadhani mys <avadhanimys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:02:41 +0530

Hi All,

We have a problem we lost the datafiles of production database due to mountpoint corruption and we have controlfile and latest redologs in the other mountpoint,

We are planning to restore the database using RMAN in the new mountpoint Now my question is can i use the old controlfile and use the arch files to recover to the latest, Please suggest

Thanks in Advance

Regards
AvadhaniMys