Re: RAC -- RAW Device Multipath (Shared Storage)

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:57:00 -0500

I sent this to Rama earlier, but wanted to include the list:

We had similar issues on different hardware. ASMLib is looking for the first shared path in your mpath, which is not what you want. I suggest putting the EXCLUDE line in oracleasm as follows:

<urbdbbcp2> /u01/app/oracle: cat /etc/sysconfig/oracleasm

#
# This is a configuration file for automatic loading of the Oracle
# Automatic Storage Management library kernel driver.  It is generated
# By running /etc/init.d/oracleasm configure.  Please use that method
# to modify this file
#

# ORACLEASM_ENABELED: 'true' means to load the driver on boot. ORACLEASM_ENABLED=true

# ORACLEASM_UID: Default user owning the /dev/oracleasm mount point. ORACLEASM_UID=oracle

# ORACLEASM_GID: Default group owning the /dev/oracleasm mount point. ORACLEASM_GID=dba

# ORACLEASM_SCANBOOT: 'true' means fix disk perms on boot ORACLEASM_SCANBOOT=true

# ORACLEASM_CLEARBOOT: 'true' means clean old disk perms on boot ORACLEASM_CLEARBOOT=true

# ORACLEASM_SCANORDER: Matching patterns to order disk scanning ORACLEASM_SCANORDER= # ORACLEASM_SCANEXCLUDE: Matching patterns to exclude disks from scan ORACLEASM_SCANEXCLUDE=sd

  We are planning to setup RAC with two node on Redhat Linux. We want to use

--
Charles Schultz