RE: vmware & Oracle

From: Closson, Kevin A <kevin.closson_at_hp.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:47:36 -0000

Yet I know of people who were told by Oracle Sales that the misconception was actually true. As with most things in Oracle licensing, it really is about who you know. I think that has eroded the sanctity of their license far more than their association with Linux. If they can't be consistent in what they say, people are going to gravitate towards the most generous interpretation they can find.

...again, I'm not the voice of Oracle here by any means. I only speak as a person that has had the covering of Oracle Partner Network so my views are set that way. As an aside, I wouldn't listen to a Sales guy telling me that something is free. That would seem weird.