Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> RE: Oracle - MS Access - Does your company have a policy about local vs. centralized data storage? (Perhaps a bit off topic?)

RE: Oracle - MS Access - Does your company have a policy about local vs. centralized data storage? (Perhaps a bit off topic?)

From: Kerber, Andrew W. <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 07:43:22 -0500

I have never been found of Access user using odbc to hit the Oracle DB. However, in many cases, the general user has some sort of mental block when it comes to developing Oracle queries, but if is an access query the user doesn't have any problems at all.

So, it kind of comes down to either taking the time to let educate every possible user of Oracle, or letting them use Access. In a small department, its easier to let them use Access, then just watch for and help the users who are running the problem queries.