Re: Shutdown Abort

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:31:17 +0100

This is from memory, Alex look away now I'm guessing what Joel is doing :). We had a process where we duplicated regularly. We didn't remove the tempfiles before the clone, because why would you. When the clone got created it specified a tempfile with the same name as the one that was on disk. Oracle was quite happy to do this without overwriting the tempfile that was on disk (which is how I would design it to be fair). We got the 'failed verification tests' message when the tempfile was used for the first time and Oracle noticed from the file header that it didn't really belong to the database after all. Now we make sure that target tempfiles are removed beforehand.

and you know what I can't resist ensuring that my memory is correct. Note * 374934.1 refers. *

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA