Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> Oracle - MS Access - Does your company have a policy about local vs. centralized data storage? (Perhaps a bit off topic?)

Oracle - MS Access - Does your company have a policy about local vs. centralized data storage? (Perhaps a bit off topic?)

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:32:51 -0600

I'm trying to do a bit of research in my effort to put together a project to move from localized to centralized data storage for Access applications and other ODBC type things. I'm just wondering if any of you have any related policies at your companies? Do you allow localized Access data stores or do you centralize those data stores? I'm looking at allowing access applications, but providing a means to easily request/create a data store for those applications in Oracle.

Thoughts?

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com! Sig V1.1