Re: asm intermittently down

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:04:29 -0400

There are number of reasons whe ASM might not be able to discover the disk - permissions, location (after reboot the same disk can change from sda to sdb in linux terminlogy), storage config issues. There is Solaris specific issue and the disk must be formated properly - perhaps someone played with VTOC?

On 6/6/07, Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Ujang
> This would mean if no one has changed any configuration then you have
> SAN issues, from our experiences it is possibly a flaky HBA card but
> could be other issues with your SAN
>
> Hope you have it solved by now
>
> Cheers
>
> Peter