Re: Thoughts on Parallelization

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:31:36 -0500

See replies inline:

On 5/16/07, Ted Coyle <oracle-l_at_webthere.com> wrote:
> Then why do anything?

Well I'm curious about raising parallel_max_servers, since my current value is 8 and "the formula" suggests 80.

> I've never had a good experience with parallel_adaptive_multi_user, but I
> know some who use it. It is Not good if SLAs are tied to strict performance
> levels.

I'm in-house, there is no real SLA in place that we're bound to obey, but obviously no one wants performance to suffer. But there aren't any numbers or metrics that we'll get sued over.

--
Don Seiler
oracle blog: http://ora.seiler.us