Re: Understanding Gets, Pins and Reloads - V$librarycache

From: Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:15:45 -0500

I was reading the link.

It is advising the use of cache hit ratios to measure the effectiveness of the shared pool. An example calculates the hit ratio to be 99.9%. Also the following:

"Lastly, a broad indicator of library cache health is the library cache hit ratio. This value should be considered along with the other statistics discussed in this section and other data, such as the rate of hard parsing and whether there is any shared pool or library cache latch contention"

I take it using cache hit ratios are not all that evil?