RE: Thoughts on Parallelization

From: Ted Coyle <oracle-l_at_webthere.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:28:40 -0400

"However I can't say that the parallel queries were really causing any performance problem."

Then why do anything?

Also,
I'd stay away from parallel hints. Talk about adding work. In my world a hint is a coding change with all the trapping that entail. Why take a system/object changeable setting and put it in code? It's like asking a lawyer to build a house; she could probably do it, but it will cost you and the skill-set is not optimal.

I've never had a good experience with parallel_adaptive_multi_user, but I know some who use it. It is Not good if SLAs are tied to strict performance levels.

Ted

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.