Re: Voting disk TIE

From: Jeremy Paul Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:07:54 -0500

Both nodes would shut down. Fully supported though.

A node requires more than half of the voting disks to stay alive. If you have 6 disks for example, 4 are required to stay alive; you can only tolerate losing 2. Thus you might as well have 5 disks in that case since with 5 disks you can still tolerate the loss of 2 of them.

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL